Get Hired Champaign County
Get Hired Champaign County
What is it?
A walk-up job fair for chamber members hosted in the Champaign County Chamber of Commerce parking lot. Limited employer spaces available. Register now. It is first come-first served.
To provide our members with an opportunity to meet and interview job seekers in a COVID safe environment. The intention is to connect job seekers with employers so members can interview, hire people on site or create a talent pool for an offer at a later date.
COVID-19 has tightened the job pool and a growing number of employers are struggling to fill open positions.
So, let us do some of the work to help you to find employees. Here are the details:
Cost to participate:
- $25.00 – one 6' table and two chairs will be provided.
Here’s what you do:
- Reserve a space for this event by 5:00 p.m., Friday, May 14 using the register button above. Registration will close before May 14 if all of the spaces are filled before then.
- Promote your participation to your network. Consider using your social media, website or other avenues to promote your attendance at the event.
- Provide your own signage. You may also bring your own small canopy tent if desired.
- Provide staff (2 person maximum) to work your space to collect resumes and meet with job seekers.
- Meet with potential candidates.
Here’s what the Chamber does:
- Provide complimentary space for the employers.
- Provide a 6’ table and 2 chairs. Cost is $25.00.
- Promote the walk-up hiring event to our media list via a press release and social media.
- Reach out to partner organizations to request their help in promoting the event to their networks.
- Target area high schools to inform them about this opportunity for full-time or seasonal work for high school students.
- Reach out to Parkland College requesting they provide the event information to students.
- Provide general signage at each entrance to the Chamber parking lot.
- Produce media PSAs about the event.
- Will provide a generic application for job seekers (and make copies of their application) if they do not have a resume. This will reduce time of the applicant filling out multiple forms so that the employers and applicants can talk.
- Provide free parking for employers and job seekers.
We look forward to helping you build your workforce.
FOR JOB SEEKERS
Looking for a job in Champaign County? This is your opportunity to meet with several area employers who will be present in the Chamber parking lot on the same day!
- Complete the General Application found here. Complete it by typing in your information.
- We suggest you print 20 copies of your completed application to bring with you to the event.
- If you are unable to complete the General Application beforehand, blank copies will be available at the event.
At the Event:
Organizations found below will be at the event and you will be able to have one-on-one interviews with their staff. If there is a wait, they will let you know when they will be ready to meet with you.
Organization Job Opening(s) CU @ Home Men's Shelter Staff Cunningham Children's Home Youth Counselor, Therapist, Case Manager Developmental Services Center Residential DSP, Community Day Services DSP, Employment Counselor Express Employment Manufacturing, Production FedEx Ground Package handler First Financial Bank Teller Jet's Pizza Crew Members & Drivers Lanz Heating & Cooling, Inc. HVAC Installation Tech, HVAC Service Tech, Plumbing Service Tech Lodgic Everyday Community Teacher for Kids Camp, Servers, Bartenders, Line Cook Manpower Account Executive (sales) News-Gazette Sales, Circulation, Reporter Plastipak Packaging Forklift/Machine Operator, Production/Electric Tech Sam's Club Stocker/Cashier, Café/Meat Dept. Silgan Closures Production Team member Skeff Distributing Drivers, Seasonal help Slim Chickens of Champaign Shift Manager Spherion Executive Assistants Staff management/SMX Manufacturing, Associate Urbana Park District Head Swim Coach, Seasonal Facility/Grounds, Customer Service, Concession Sup. Vital Education & Supply Various Positions
Have questions? Please contact Mindy Cain at email@example.com or Matt Bradley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217.359.1791.
We look forward to helping job seekers and employers get connected!