The City of Champaign seeks qualified candidates for a career opportunity as an Administrative Assistant in the Information Technologies Department (ITD).
Responsibilities of Position
This position performs comprehensive administrative support and secretarial tasks for the ITD with a high level of independence, accuracy, accountability, and confidentiality and also provides general clerical support. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: customer service including front line technical support and troubleshooting for City staff regarding computer issues, preparing meeting agendas and minutes, posting documents and updates to the City’s website and internal/external document management system, processing accounts payable and payroll, and assisting with departmental purchasing and budget preparation.
The annual starting salary range is $53,248 - $60,618, DOQ, plus an excellent fringe benefits package. Applications must be submitted online to champaignil.gov/jobs no later than Sunday, October 2, 2022.
The City’s mission is to provide responsive, caring, cost-effective service in partnership with our community. The following values guide our work: Personal Integrity, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork, Results. The City of Champaign is committed to promoting a work environment and a community that values and supports diversity and inclusion. The City of Champaign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- High School graduate or equivalent supplemented by business course work and training to meet required position skills; or any equivalent of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position.
- Minimum of two (2) years of professional administrative experience requiring critical thinking, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) software programs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Associate Degree or certificate in business, office assistant, or related field.
- Budget preparation experience.
- Experience with accounts payable and/or payroll processing.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint or similar document management systems.
- Professional experience with web page maintenance and content management software.
- Knowledge of computer technical support or troubleshooting.