Human Resources Technician
Human Resources Technician
The City of Champaign seeks qualified candidates for a career opportunity as a Human Resources Technician in the Human Resources Department.
Responsibilities of Position
This position provides technical support in a variety of human resources functions related to payroll, benefits, staffing, recruiting, and risk management. Primary responsibilities include: maintaining employee information in the HR information/payroll systems (HRIS); conducting benefits billing audits; processing transactions related to leave time, position changes, and other personnel changes; gathering information and compiling reports; placing job advertisements and drafting applicant reports; and providing back-up to the HR Administrative Assistant with customer service and reception tasks.
The annual starting salary range is $59,424 – $67,913, DOQ, plus an excellent fringe benefits package. Online application must be submitted to champaignil.gov/jobs no later than Monday, July 4, 2022.
The City’s mission is to provide responsive, caring, cost-effective service in partnership with our community. The following values guide our work: Personal Integrity, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork, Results. The City of Champaign is committed to promoting a work environment and a community that values and supports diversity and inclusion. The City of Champaign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Associate degree in human resources, business, or a related field; or high school diploma or equivalent combined with additional human resources training or experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of related technical work experience that includes at least one year of experience working with human resources functions, including payroll, HRIS, or benefits.
- An equivalent combination of work experience and education that demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered.
- Strong technical proficiency using Microsoft Office, particularly MS Excel, and HR-oriented databases and systems.
- Knowledge of HR functions, best practices, laws, and regulations in a variety of areas, including hiring, payroll, and employee benefits.
- Good judgement, sound decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with confidential information.
- Experience communicating and working with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with shared responsibility for work.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience working with Tyler MUNIS HRIS software.
- Experience working in a public-sector human resources department.