Our Caminos program is seeking a Para-Educator. This position works under the direction of and in close collaboration with the classroom teacher to plan, instruct, and implement the academic and behavioral program.
The Caminos program provides a safe, secure placement option for children who have recently migrated to the United States seeking opportunities for reunification with family and the chance to pursue their education and immigration cases.
This position requires:
· High school diploma and experience working with youth.
· Ability to obtain a para-professional license issued by the Illinois State Board of Education.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work well under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks.
· Willingness and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team structure.
Preferred candidates will have:
· Bachelor’s degree in Education or Human Services from an accredited college or university.
· Fluency to speak, read, and write in both English and Spanish.
· Previous experience working in a school setting.
This program is federally funded through a grant. Cunningham Children’s Home plans to begin delivering services to unaccompanied children in the upcoming months.
Extensive training will be provided. Prospective employees must be at least 21 years old, possess a valid Illinois driver's license that has not been suspended in the previous three years, and proof of auto insurance. Employees must be able to maintain client confidentiality.
Prospective employees are required to submit to a pre-employment background check and physical. Cunningham offers outstanding benefits and opportunities for professional growth and personal fulfillment. We are committed to the values of spirituality, teamwork, integrity, and respect. Salary is based on experience. EOE
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.50 - $22.00 per hour