Teacher - Caminos
Teacher - Caminos
Our Caminos program is seeking a classroom Teacher. This position is responsible for providing a safe, therapeutic learning environment and innovative, culturally-sensitive programming. The teacher promotes high quality instruction and a positive learning environment focusing on effective, innovative, and rigorous individualized instruction. The position is highly collaborative and requires excellent documentation, organizational and planning skills, as well as fluency in the Spanish language.
The Caminos Program provides a safe, secure placement option for children who have recently migrated to the United States seeking opportunities for reunification with family and the chance to pursue their education and immigration cases.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university, with training and/or experience in teaching.
- Certification by the Illinois State Board of Education.
- Fluency to speak, read, and write in both English and Spanish.
- Teaching English as a Second Language/Teaching English to Speakers of other languages (or in the process of having application for provisional certification reviewed by the Illinois State Board of Education).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prioritizing multiple tasks, time management, working well under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
This program is federally funded through a grant. Relocation assistance available. Extensive training will be provided.
Prospective employees must be at least 21 years old, possess a valid Illinois driver's license that has not been suspended in the previous three years, and proof of auto insurance. Employees must be able to maintain client confidentiality.
Prospective employees are required to submit to a pre-employment background check and physical. Cunningham offers outstanding benefits and opportunities for professional growth and personal fulfillment. We are committed to the values of spirituality, teamwork, integrity, and respect. Salary is based on experience.
- 1 year(s): Teaching English as a Second Language.
- Bachelors or better in Education
Licenses & Certifications Preferred
- Teaching (not Spec Ed)
- IL Driver's License
- Bilingual (Spanish)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year