Therapist - Caminos
Therapist - Caminos
Our Caminos program is seeking a Therapist. This position will provide individual and group therapy to children, adolescents, and their families, conduct mental health assessments, screen for human trafficking concerns, maintain current and accurate case documentation, and provide crisis intervention and support services.
The Caminos program provides a safe, secure placement option for children who have recently migrated to the United States seeking opportunities for reunification with family and the chance to pursue their education and immigration cases.
Candidates must demonstrate familiarity with the Office of Refugee Resettlement Policy and Procedures relating to the care and supervision of Unaccompanied Children. This includes knowledge of related legal issues and governing practices related to working with these children.
This position requires:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or a related field from an accredited college or University.
- Current LCSW, LCPC, LMFT, or other applicable State Licensure.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including refugee and/or unaccompanied children and adolescents, is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a diverse team.
- Fluency to speak, read, and write in both English and Spanish is required.
This program is federally funded through a grant. Cunningham Children’s Home plans to begin delivering services to unaccompanied children in the upcoming months.
Relocation assistance available. Extensive training will be provided. Prospective employees must be at least 21 years old, possess a valid Illinois driver's license that has not been suspended in the previous three years, and have proof of auto insurance. Employees must be able to maintain client confidentiality.
Prospective employees are required to submit to a pre-employment background check and physical. Cunningham offers outstanding benefits and opportunities for professional growth and personal fulfillment. We are committed to the values of spirituality, teamwork, integrity, and respect. Salary is based on experience.
- 1 year(s): Working w/ children & adolescent
- Masters or better in Human Services or related field
Licenses & Certifications Preferred
- IL Drivers License
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $21.50 - $36.00 per hour