Each year, the Champaign County Chamber of Commerce awards a local business with the Small Business of the Year Award. The Champaign County Small Business of the Year Award honors an outstanding small business that has made a significant long-term contribution to the local community and economy. It is intended to recognize a successful and growing business that has achieved its status through ingenuity and hard work. The Chamber has been honoring local businesses with this award for 28 years.
Nomination Criteria is found below:
- The business must be a member of the Champaign County Chamber of Commerce and should be located within Champaign County.
- The business must be in operation for at least three years.
- The business should have a solid track record of growth and demonstrated integrity and community involvement.
- The business must meet the following small business size standards as determined by the SBA.
- The business is considered a small business if it is not greater than the size standard indicated below (dollar amount below is in reference to annual receipts).
- Manufacturing: 500 employees
- Wholesale Trade: 100 employees
- Agriculture: $750,000
- Retail Trade: $15.0 million
- General & Heavy Construction (except Dredging): $36.5 million
- Dredging: $27.5 million
- Special Trade Contractors: $15 million
- Travel Agencies (commissions & other income): $20.5 million
- Engineering Services: $15.0 million
- Business & Personal Services (except those listed below): $11.0 million
- Architectural, Engineering, Surveying & Mapping Svcs.: $7.5 million
- Dry Cleaning & Carpet Cleaning Services: $5.5 million
The recipient will be named at the 2019 Champaign County Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting on Friday, October 25th, 2019. Self-nominations are welcome. Previously nominated businesses are eligible for consideration without being renominated; however, previous recipients cannot be nominated. Completed nomination forms must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 20. Late nominations will not be considered.
Submit nominations to Lindsay Quick, Champaign County Chamber of Commerce, 303 W. Kirby Ave., Champaign, IL 61820. Nominations may also be emailed to LindsayQ@champaigncounty.org or faxed to 217.359.1809.